From the Desk of Principal Johnson
On behalf of the staff at Jehovah-Jireh Christian Academy, I am happy to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year! I am excited to begin our thirty-sixth year of educating Warriors, and I am honored to serve as the Principal of our amazing Jehovah-Jireh Christian Academy Warriors Family. As I begin the year, I am elated to collaborate with remarkable educators in fostering a positive educational experience for our Warriors. Our mission is to transform minds, grow learners, and develop leaders. We educate for excellence by empowering students to become wholly committed, active, reverent, respectful, imaginative, obedient, responsible servants.
Jehovah-Jireh Christian Academy is an extended family environment. We recognize that our Warriors need support from both the home and school, so we are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure that our Warriors can achieve their highest potential. We believe that every day is a wonderful learning adventure, and we ask that you guide and support your Warrior’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
3) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
4) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
5) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to postsecondary studies or to a career.
6) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
At Jehovah-Jireh Christian Academy parental involvement is an essential component to student success, as research on schools clearly demonstrates that parent participation in their child’s school coincides with a greater likelihood of academic success for their child. With that in mind, you are required to be an active participant volunteering at least twenty (20) hours a year. Whether you are a classroom volunteer, a member of the PTO, athletic event volunteer, or a special event, you are required to be involved. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) Academic, athletic and other school-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
I am attaching a copy of our school rules so that you and your Warrior can review them together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your Warrior’s teacher. It is very important that you and your Warrior are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please feel free to review the Jehovah-Jireh Christian Academy’s Parent-Student Handbook which can be accessed on Family Portal through our FACTS/Renweb system.
Please use our website as a resource for updated information and news happening in our school. My hopes are for you to get a snapshot of your Warrior’s learning adventures through our updated webpage. Please stay tuned, as continued changes are happening throughout the upcoming weeks.
I am most proud of this school community, and have been blessed to be a Warrior for thirty-six years. I assure you there is no place I would rather be; as the climate and culture of Jehovah-Jireh Christian Academy is truly unique and special. Thank you for this tremendous opportunity, and I look forward to a wonderful year.